Sunday, July 02, 2006

Episode 1 of DREDD MANOR inches toward completion



With the heat here in L.A. reaching the "don't-even-bother-going-out" levels that make air-conditioner salesmen oh-so-happy, it's been the perfect time to lock myself in the studio and work on DREDD MANOR. It's coming along so swiftly it's a little scary, but then I went thru a long testing phase before I started the shoot. How could I possibly create an open-ended, stop-motion animated, gothic melodrama on a non-existent (and I mean NON-existent) budget? We shall see...

I knew I would have to learn how to do green-screening in order to quickly create backgrounds...there was no way I was going to build sets for every shot like some of the other films. The results are pretty cool, and this technique has opened up many new possibilities.

The coolest part of this effort is that I actually have a few collaborators this time around. My good friend Scott Simpson is creating some original music for DM, and another friend, Rory Ledbetter, has agreed to lend his voice to the lead character. It's so great to have others' energy folded into the mix...makes me want to work that much harder.

Here are some pics from the film, more to come soon!

2 Comments:

Blogger Gary Green said...

Can't wait to see it. The Dark Shadows of the 21st Century. Can you make a cameo for Polly? I miss her!

2:52 PM  
Blogger Michael Granberry said...

Haha...she could be like Hitchcock, popping up in unexpected places. I doubt her flourescent wardrobe would blend with the gloomy surroundings!

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home