Monday, July 17, 2006

FROM BEYOND selected for Dragon*Con Film Festival


Submitting to film festivals is a necessary right of passage for any filmmaker. It can be devastating when your work DOESN'T get accepted (if you let your ego get too wrapped up in it) but when your work DOES get accepted there's no denying the adrenaline pump straight to your creative soul! I was just informed that FROM BEYOND has been selected to screen at this year's Dragon*Con Independent Film Festival in Atlanta, GA, Sept. 1-4.

Dragon*Con is without a doubt one of the largest fantasy/sci-fi conventions in the country, if not the world. Last year saw my first film,VALLEY OF GWOMBI , get accepted there, and while it didn't win any prizes I was told by Festival Director Matt Foster that it went over like gangbusters! Matt himself listed VOG on his website, FOSTER ON FILM, as one of the Best Modern Animated Short Films...quite an honor for my first! Thanks so much, Matt!

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make Dragon*Con this year, but I know many folks who will, so hopefully I'll get a report back from them as to how it plays with an audience. I'm submitting FROM BEYOND to a couple other fests in the coming weeks, so hopefully this streak of good karma will continue...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Eva L said...

Great read thankks

5:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home