Thursday, August 17, 2006

Sights you don't want to wake up to...


I first met my good friend and technical guru, Behn Fannin, last year at the L.A. International Short Film Festival when he came up and introduced himself after seeing VALLEY OF GWOMBI. He was wearing a jacket with a miniature spatula safety-pinned to his lapel, and his business card had a picture of a bottle of mouthwash on it. I knew instantly that he was a kindred spirit, and we struck up a great friendship. He invited me to create some animated bumpers for a show that he was working on called "Refused TV," which was unfortunately canned before my work ever got on the air.

Recently, Behn asked me to do some animation for his latest film, a sardonic little satire called RELIGIOUS CANDIDATES. Despite my already full plate with the music video, Behn wasn't really asking for much: just a couple of giant monsters to represent various Beasts of the Apocalypse. I told him I was all over it, and started throwing together some puppets.

The picture above is a still from an animation test, which you can check out by clicking HERE.

More to come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home