Tuesday, February 13, 2007



Today, February 13th, marks a really special day in the annals Red Hatchet Films and in my life in general. On this very day in 2005 I put the finishing touches on the soundtrack for my first stop-mo film, VALLEY OF GWOMBI. Fast forward two years and the unfortunate Gwombi clan have metamorphosed into the no-less unfortunate Amberson family, and have an actual online series. Who would have thought it possible? One person, in particular, did before anyone else: my light, my muse, my inspiration, the incomparable GARY GREEN, whom I also met two years ago on this very day. Gary was the first to say "This is going to go somewhere" (referring to the film, of course). I don't know which is the greater surprise, that the film turned into something or that Gary and I did, but I do know this: I'm one of the luckiest guys alive...

I love you, GG!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Red Hatchet Films on reaching this milestone!

And a very, very happy anniversary to you and Gary!

May you both be blessed with many more years of happiness and depraved stopmo puppetry!

2:28 AM  
Blogger UbaTuber said...

Congrats on your anniversaries! Having a supportive partner definitely helps....it can be tough to put up with us artists, especially stop-moes, I think we're all a little mad :)

7:15 AM  
Blogger jriggity said...

congrats as well!!

its gota feel pretty freakin good to have worked so hard and have such a great piece to look at and be proud of.

jriggity

11:24 AM  
Blogger Michael Granberry said...

I don't know if you have to be somewhat of a lunatic to pursue this strange art we all adore, but I'm convinced it helps. Relationships create their own sort of lunatic energy, which I find an incredible source of inspiration. One of my favorite parts of the process is when I get to show new work to GG for the first time and watch his reaction--priceless! He's helped me make tough editing calls, clarify confusing bits, and most of all LAUGHED OUT LOUD at the most horrifying, cringe-inducing moments I can think up. You can't put a price on that kind of encouragement.

Thanks for the kind words, gents! It means a lot coming from other artists with strong creative partners... :)

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home