Wednesday, February 07, 2007

FROM BEYOND goes DOWN UNDER!


I just got word that my little Lovecraft yarn, FROM BEYOND, has been selected for inclusion in A Night of Horror Short Film Festival in Sydney, Australia. This is probably more exciting to me than to anyone else, simply because I've been trying for a couple of years now to get ANY of my films seen outside of the U.S., with no luck (til now). Guess it's true what they say about Aussie hospitality. I would really love to go but unfortunately I'll be wrapped up in work during the fest.

In other news FROM BEYOND, Andrew Migliore, founder of the H.P. Lovecraft Film Festival is going to include the film along with DREDD MANOR, Episode 1 on his upcoming DVD anthology, Uncle Cthulhu's Re-Animations which will be released thru his company, Lurker Films. It's really an honor to have one film picked for distribution but TWO is just crazy-cool! Andrew's a really awesome guy and I truly hope to be part of the Lovecraft Festival again (sans the excruciating peritonsillar abscess I had to endure last time).
Oh, and for those of you awaiting the first episode of my new series ADVENTURES WITH THE AMBERSONS, it's been submitted to its new guardians who are no doubt slaving away to get it ready for its world debut. Thanks for your patience!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo! Congratulations on both accounts!!

9:32 AM  
Blogger jriggity said...

Awesome news man!!

I saw your andersons film and
I loved it. It was great. I was very impressed on all aspects of the film.

How long was the production on that.

jriggity

11:04 PM  
Blogger Michael Granberry said...

Thanks, guys!

Justin--Ambersons #1 took 6 weeks from start to finish--which seems to be my average for a five minute film at this point (given the current setup).

Still clawing my way up the learning curve!

8:05 PM  
Blogger jriggity said...

Holy COW!!

My film will be about 5 -6 minuets...and its gona take me at least 2 years.

jeez....thats powerfull!

sounds to me like your damn near the top of that learning curve....Awesome!

jriggity

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home