Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Festival acceptance letters worth framing

I just got my official letter notifying me of FROM BEYOND's acceptance to this year's H.P.Lovecraft Film Festival, and it made me laugh out loud. One of the primary ingredients of any good Lovecraft yarn is the arrival of a telegram filled with dreadful portents. The folks at HPLFF have taken this concept and created what is no doubt the best festival acceptance notice I've ever seen. Check it out:

It's a little hard to read here, but it says:
RE: FROM BEYOND
WE ARE PLEASED TO INFORM YOU THAT YOUR FILM WAS ACCEPTED INTO THIS YEAR'S FESTIVAL STOP WE THINK OUR PROJECTIONIST LOVED IT BECAUSE HE RAN SCREAMING FROM THE PROJECTION BOOTH STOP ALTHOUGH SOME UNNAMEABLE ELDRITCH HORROR NEARLY CONSUMED OUR FESTIVAL JUDGES DURING THE SCREENING WE DECIDED IT WAS NECESSARY TO PROMOTE YOUR BRAND OF INSANITY STOP THE STARS ARE RIGHT STOP SINCERELY THE HPLFF FILM COMMITTEE STOP
I'm already in love with these people and I haven't even met them. Portland is gonna be SO MUCH FUN!! I can't wait for October...

In other news, the "Punding" video is coming along nicely, and today I got to show the dailies to the band. I was a little worried that they might not like it (you have LOTS of time to think about these things when you are clicking away all those frames) but my fears were unfounded. Both Luke and Margot were extremely happy with the footage they saw...they are both such creative spirits, and they see the process for what it is. I'm so happy they enjoyed the footage, as I've grown into a full-fledged boxViolet fan and want to give them a video they will enjoy having in their repertoire.

4 Comments:

Blogger UbaTuber said...

That is a great letter...I want one :)

3:16 PM  
Blogger Michael Granberry said...

You KNOW that HPLFF is going to be excited to see your project when it's done, Jeff!

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWRIGHT!! Here I am sitting in Portland, OR -- I'm going to get to see your From Beyond (one of my faves, too) on the big screen!

Hey -- if you wanna come up to see it in person, we could give you a place to stay...

12:21 PM  
Blogger Michael Granberry said...

Thanks, Sven! I can't wait for Portland! Will be great to meet you at last, too!

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home